In London activists blocked the entrance to the Russian Embassy

Operation in Syria

Reuters reported the death in Syria, the assistant to the Deputy of the state Duma
Yesterday, 18:16

Putin discussed with the security Council the situation in Syria
Yesterday, 15:23

Else 1561 material

At the Russian Embassy in London held a protest action in connection with the events in Syria. The Embassy has an event linked to a call for Boris Johnson in the British Parliament and has written to the British foreign office a note of protest

In London, activists of The Syria Campaign blocked the entrance to the Russian Embassy, erecting an installation of hundreds of plastic hands, informs Bi-bi-si.

“The coming Russian offensive in Aleppo under the counter-terrorism slogans can mean the killing of thousands of civilians who are unable to leave the city”, — reads the statement of the organization. In her opinion, “world governments not doing enough” to stop “speaking”.

The Russian Embassy in London, in turn, sent to the British foreign office a note of protest in connection with the incident, said in a statement on the website of the Embassy.

The Embassy said its representatives “are concerned about the reluctance of British authorities to ensure the smooth operation and security of the Embassy.” “It seems that this “protest action”, zastabilizirovalsia the work of the diplomatic mission, had been carefully planned, which is not surprising in the context of the recent official call in Parliament the Minister for foreign Affairs of great Britain B. Johnson to hold a protest outside the Russian Embassy in London,” stressed the Embassy.

“The entrance to the consular section was littered with parts from the mannequins, and the “protestors” chained themselves to the entrance to the diplomatic missions,” reads the website of the Russian representation. “As a result, the visitors of the Embassy and the Embassy staff was denied access to the building. There was a real threat to the security of the diplomatic mission in the UK”.

Photo: Reuters/Pixstream

Photo gallery
After a pause: looks like a besieged Aleppo

October 25, the official representative of the Ministry of defense of Russia Igor Konashenkov said that Air and space forces (VKS) and the Syrian air force the last seven days has not carried out air strikes on Aleppo…

Showing 7 photos

The day before, on 2 November, the defense Ministry by decision of the President of Russia Vladimir Putin has imposed in Aleppo “humanitarian pause”. This was done “to avoid senseless victims,” said the Minister, received by RBC. She must act November 4, from 9:00 to 19:00 local time.

Russia’s plans to conduct an offensive in Aleppo in late October, reported the Times newspaper. In the Kremlin, commenting on these reports, said that the publication “is unlikely to possess information about the plans of the President of Russia”. “If the Times has some information that militants are going to start large-scale offensive action, then you should have written,” — said the press Secretary of the President of Russia Dmitry Peskov.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *