Shuvalov has declared the preservation plans for the privatization of “Rosneft”

First Vice-Premier of Russia Igor Shuvalov and Igor Sechin

Photo: Vladimir Rodionov/TASS

Business Speaker

The speaker protection will appeal against house arrest
17:13

Peskov told about the “development” of senior officials
16:32

56 materials

First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov said that the authorities are still preparing for the privatization of shares of “Rosneft”. On the eve of the analysts assessed the threat to the transaction after the arrest of the head of Ministry of economic development Alexei Ulyukayev

The preparation for the transaction for the sale into private hands of 19.5% of Rosneft shares is in accordance with the previously adopted plan, said the first Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov.

“Everything is going according to plan. The plan is observed”, — said Shuvalov, answering a question of the correspondent of “Interfax”.

On the eve of analysts analysts evaluated the possibility that the privatization package of Rosneft could be delayed after his arrest on charges of bribery Alexei Ulyukayev, who led the Ministry of economic development, the role of which in the preparation of the transaction is known as a key.

“The market is not in the best condition, but the strap on this transaction has been set quite high. It is unclear how it will work in the Ministry of economic development in the near future and how it should be involved in the process,” — said the analyst of “Opening the Capital” Artem Konchin.

Responding on Wednesday to questions of journalists, Igor Shuvalov refused to disclose whether there are already the organizers of the sale package of “Rosneft” requests from potential buyers. “I can’t tell you, because the conditions that we have with the consultant prior to formal conclusion, we may not disclose any information”, — said the first Deputy Prime Minister (quoted by “Interfax”).

He also noted that in the case of the implementation of plans to privatize 19.5% of Rosneft shares “privatization revenues will be much greater than the original budget figures” and therefore “no hasty decisions” regarding further privatisation transactions will not be accepted.

According to SKR, criminal case against Alexei Ulyukayev instituted in connection with the receipt of their November 14, 2016 $2 million for the Ministry of economic development issued a positive evaluation, which allowed the oil company “Rosneft” to buy the state package of shares of “Bashneft”. According to investigators, the speaker demanded money as a bribe from the representative of “Rosneft”, with “threats of using their authority to create further obstacles for the activities of the company.”

Currently Ulyukayev charged with receiving a bribe with extortion in especially large amount (part 6, item 290 of the criminal code), Basmanny court has taken the decision to send him under house arrest until 15 January 2017.

Yesterday, 15 January 2016, Russian President Vladimir Putin by his decree dismissed Ulyukayev as head of the Ministry of economic development. The document States that the Minister sent in resignation “in connection with loss of trust”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *