The head of the independent Commission of the world anti-doping Agency (WADA) Richard McLaren
Photo: Jonathan Brady/FA Bobo/PIXSELL/PA Images
New doping scandal
WADA accused the 12 Russian medalists of Sochi in tampering with doping samples
The state Duma has allowed athletes to use doping for therapeutic purposes
11 Nov, 17:15
Richard McLaren, the head of the independent Commission WADA, December 9, Friday, presented the second part of the report on the use of doping in Russian sports. According to the report, the Russian side has used “a unique scheme of deception”, and the system was involved more than 1,000 athletes
- More than 1000 athletes from Russia are involved or benefit from covering up positive tests for doping.
- Vitaly Mutko, a former sports Minister, could not know about the doping conspiracy, and together with his Deputy Yuri Nagornykh directed the substitution of doping tests.
- The Commission McLaren has evidence that the system of doping was involved elite Russian athletes.
- The conspiracy took place from 2011 to 2015.
- Used in Sochi, methods of hiding positive samples were used by Russia and other competitions. According to McLaren, suspicion fell on 15 athletes participating in the Sochi Games, including two athletes who won a total of four gold and one athlete who won the silver.
At the Games in Sochi, the Russians won 33 medals, including 13 gold, 11 silver and 9 bronze. The first place our team won for the first time in 20 years.
As for women, who won silver, in the report of the McLaren it could be about anyone of the four biathletes, who took second place in the relay: Yana Romanova, Olga Zaitseva, Ekaterina Shumilova, Olga Vilukhina. Also silver in Sochi won skater Olga fatkulina and sanochnitsa Tatiana Ivanova.
- The results of the investigation confirmed the testimony of witnesses, emails.
The Commission McLaren
McLaren has long been a member of the International court of arbitration for sport in Lausanne, participated in the examination of a large number devoted to doping cases, including against American athletes. For six years the McLaren headed the anti-doping Tribunal of the Association of tennis professionals.
Six questions about doping in Russia and not only
In November 2015, the Commission WADA has published a report on the results of the work, stating that the International athletics Federation in Russia was allowed systematic violations, because of which we cannot speak about the conduct of the country’s effective anti-doping program. According to the Commission, the all-Russian athletics Federation (vfla), RUSADA and Russian Federation in General do not follow the rules of the world anti-doping code. After this report, the Council of founders WADA adopted a decision on the compliance of RUSADA world anti-doping code, with the result that the Agency has suspended its activities. Accomplice and the accomplice of action-doping was named the head of the Moscow laboratory of journalist Grigory Rodchenkov. According to the findings of the Commission on doping in Russian sport were aware of Vitaly Mutko, who led at the time by the Ministry of sports. In the report it was mentioned about the presence of FSB representatives in the laboratory in Sochi during the Winter Olympic games 2014.
In may 2016 in the New York Times published an article based on an interview Rodchenkova, which stated the existence of large-scale government program of doping in Russia. Rodchenkov said that participated in the system substitution of urine samples of Russian athletes during the Games in Sochi. To investigate allegations of Rodchenkova WADA was created, the group, headed by McLaren, who led it as an independent lawyer.
- Was used the “method of vanishing trial,” which allowed Russian athletes to be doping during the competition.
- In the “state system of doping” was involved in 84% of summer sports and 60% of winter.
- The names of the athletes not named.
McClaren: “It was a unique scheme of deception. Later it was systematically used in the Moscow laboratory. For every action WADA in Russia took countermeasures, improving their system of deception”
- Was tested 44 doping samples taken from athletes participating in the Olympic games in Sochi. Samples of the two participating women’s hockey team had been replaced — they found male DNA. The substitution of doping tests, and found six of the 21 Paralympic Games in Sochi.
- The first time the technology of substitution of samples were used for the Universiade-2013 in Kazan.
- The results of the first part of the report is fully confirmed. “State system of doping” was supervised by officials of the sports Ministry, RUSADA, the FSB and the Moscow anti-doping laboratory.
- The system of doping in Russia should be reformed.
Sports analysis: as doping and fought with him
Athletes lose their medals one by one, President Putin imposed criminal penalties for inducing athletes to doping, WADA publishes an investigation on the use of illegal drugs…
Showing 15 photos