It is planned to interview at least 100 people
– The investigative Committee began questioning of the actors from “Gogol-center” in the case of theatre’s artistic Director Kirill Serebrennikov, who is accused of embezzling at least 68 million rubles allocated from the budget for the project “Platform”, reported “Interfax” on Wednesday an informed source.
“The investigative actions are caused by a few dozen people, so their questioning will take a few days. Usually the conversation lasts a few hours, sometimes more,” – said the Agency interlocutor. According to him, investigators are interested in the details of participation of actors in productions on the basis of the project “Platform”, including in the production of “a Midsummer’s daughter” and the terms and execution of agreements.
In addition, the source said, investigators intend to question not only the actors but also other employees of “Gogol-center”, and other persons, whose testimony, in the opinion of the investigators may be of value to a criminal investigation.
“While in total, the investigators intend to interview at least 100 witnesses in the case. Also scheduled other investigative actions, including the continuing seizure of documents. We will also conduct a series of examinations on business, including accounting, Phonographic, handwriting,” – said the Agency interlocutor.
Official review SK “Interfax” has not.
Earlier in a press-service of the “Gogol-center”, the Agency confirmed that “to the theater was a large number of summonses for questioning in the UK”.
The case of the “Seventh Studio”
Artistic Director of the theater pieces of silver is under house arrest as a defendant in the so-called “Seventh Studio”. the defendants who were also former Director of the “Gogol-center” and the former the General producer of Autonomous non-commercial organization (ANO) “the Seventh Studio” Alex Malopolski, ex-accountant of the “Seventh Studio” Nina Masliaev, as well as the former CEO of ANO Yuri Itin.
In 2011, Serebrennikov developed the project “Platform” aimed at the development and promotion of contemporary art. For its implementation and funding for three consecutive years, the Ministry of culture of the Russian Federation has allocated more than 214 million rubles from the Federal budget. For the project Serebrennikov was created by ANO “the Seventh Studio” work, in which he attracted his friends.
As believes a consequence, the defendants have developed action plans in the framework of the project “Platform” which is obviously exaggerated information about their quantity and cost. They then presented them to the Ministry of culture to justify public funding. Later the false financial statements were submitted to the Ministry of culture as evidence about the intended expenditure of grants received “the Seventh Studio”.
Pieces of silver, Malopolski and Itin deny involvement in the alleged crime, Maslyaeva admitted his guilt in full and entered into a pretrial agreement.
In defense of the defendants in the case were made by hundreds of workers of culture of Russia and Europe.
Searches in “Gogol-center”, 5 photos