Five full seasons name forward Andrei Zubkov was associated with the Krasnodar basketball. With the new season semifinalist of the European championship 2017 has reinforced the ranks of the Moscow club “Khimki” and he got the opportunity to play on two major fronts: in the classroom and the main tournament of the continent. 2 Nov Zubkov and his teammates will make the difficult departure for Madrid, where they will be terrible “real”.
Photo courtesy of the press service of BC Khimki
– We began the season confidently, almost leading the table in the Euroleague. But that wouldn’t be worth the stress: travel to Olympiacos turned into a rather large defeat. Yes, the local fans were very warmly welcomed by our trainer Georgios Bartzokas, but at the time he was with the team the Euroleague have — that to be surprised? In General, the current format where everyone plays with everyone, it is a minimum of surprises, as teams represent the strongest basketball countries — all 16 candidates strong. So, the responsibility before each meeting should be the same.
– How do you play if you found a common language with the fans?
Took me here is quite good, and many guys I know national team for a long time. In “Khimki” a good approach, the club has big ambitions, and the atmosphere in the arena is very cool. Played many arenas, but the home games of the Euroleague on the “Arena Mytischi” was a surprise in terms of support: I want to say to all the fans who came to support us, thank you.
– Was it difficult to settle in the suburban club, in fact only second in career?
– Of course, leaving was hard. It’s 5 full seasons for the senior team, where he also claimed the European Cup, “silver” United League “Final four” of Euroleague, and if a total of 8 years in Krasnodar! But the prospect of again playing in the Euroleague is very attracted to, and I responded to the invitation of the Moscow club. Already almost got used. But the weather in Moscow I was happy with everything.
– And in “Khimki” have you met again with the coach Bartzokas, under whose leadership last season the great disturbance in the Euroleague in the “Loco”.
– Yes, I know the Greek coach, how he works, what his style. And he, in turn, knows of the player Zubkov. All this, of course, will help us in the new club. I believe we can work together again.
– Complex Khimki beginning of November: 2 number real Madrid in the Euroleague, after 4 days — CSKA…
– Real Madrid and CSKA Moscow it’s a tough cut, but to focus on it specifically, I wouldn’t. Now trying to work on the protection because in recent games missed too much. But by focusing on this component, you need not forget about the attack.
– Plan, when open, to look at the statue of a basketball player at the new station of the Moscow metro? Its the same with Viktor Khryapa sculpted…
– Heard about it, but it is interesting to see for yourself. So there will be time — will go down in the subway.
– At home, in the classroom at the same while going unbeaten. What changes do you expect in the championship?
– In VTB United League round of applicants, I think, will remain the same as last season. It is CSKA, Khimki, Lokomotiv, Zenit and UNICS. Here they will fight for the top four. And of all the trips I’m looking forward to Krasnodar match. It’s practically my house, and Chelyabinsk, where I was born.
– Eurobasket in Istanbul for you ended more good than bad?
– Plus, of course, more, I personally liked how the Russian team had it despite the difficult group, pressure. But happy with the result I can not be: we had to take the medals.