Amid reports on new anti-Russian sanctions, the ruble fell against the dollar, updating the April low, shares of Sberbank and VTB have also started to become cheaper. The main thing about the state of Russian financial market at the moment — a review of RBC
Photo: Viktor Korotayev / Kommersant
- The dollar for the first time since April exceeded 65 rubles, and then rose to 65.2 rubles, having updated a maximum since November of 2016. The Euro broke the mark of 75.17 rubles., and later came to mark 75,56 RUB the Ruble depreciates at a more rapid rate due to high oil prices. The last time Brent is going up due to international factors, primarily because of U.S. sanctions against Iran. In such circumstances, the securities of Russian companies oil sector feel confident and protected from excessive lowering of the currency basket.
Press for Russia: what will the proposed U.S. sanctions
- Shares of Sberbank and VTB showed a rapid decline. The cost of the ordinary shares on the Moscow stock exchange reached its minimum in April 2018, down to 191.5 RUB At the same price the individual transactions were concluded on 16 April, too, on fears of new sanctions from the United States. As of 18:00 Moscow time the decline in the prices of the shares were made up 4.49%. Falling of quotations of VTB on 8 August was not as strong prices fell to the lowest level since June 20 in 0,0453 RUB per share.
- Shares of Sistema fell at the opening of trading on 4,5%, to 8,565 RUB over the paper, at the minimum price of one share of the company amounted to 8,555 RUB.
- Nearly 4% decrease in quotations of KAMAZ, “Yandex”, “Mechel” and “Gazprom oil”. More than 12% since the beginning of the day lost shares Korshunovskogo mining and processing plant.
- Analysts surveyed by RBC editors have noticed the sale of Federal loan bonds (OFZ) . Because of the possibility of new sanctions OFZ started to depreciate themselves: the US authorities are considering to ban American investors to invest in Russian debt.
Swing on the ruble: why the Russian market is believed to sanctions
The fall of the ruble and shares of banks, experts associated with the news about the details of the new anti-Russian sanctions of the United States. They will allow you to block accounts and assets of some Russian banks, including Sberbank, VTB, VNESHECONOMBANK, Promsvyazbank, Gazprombank and Rosselkhozbank.
Foreign company to sell shares of Russian companies bonds (OFZ). Under the influence of these sales, the ruble has updated the multi-month highs, and the shares of the savings Bank, the balance of which a lot of Federal bonds, the cost of losing. With the devaluation of this instrument the savings Bank there is a risk of loss on securities that ultimately may lead to decline in net profit.
In the month after the meeting, trump and Putin in Helsinki, the senators introduced in Congress five other projects, which relate to restrictive measures against Russia, including a project on sanctions against Nord Stream 2, American it firms, promoting censorship in Russia, as well as a bill requiring the administration to enforce sanctions on the “Magnitsky act”.
With regard to the shares of AFK “System” on 7 August it became known that the US state Department can impose sanctions against the company’s main shareholder Vladimir Yevtushenkov. He is suspected of “illegal operations with the illegally annexed Crimea and in Uzbekistan”.
The last time the US imposed sanctions against Russia in April. Then restrictions on Russian officials and businessmen, according to Washington, close to the Kremlin.
From Akimov to Shkolova: all defendants in the sanctions list of the U.S. Treasury
More 20 photos